Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 5 Blog Info 


Topic 1 


The story I chose to write about was the "Dog's Life" post from pages 246-247. I am a big dog person so I was immediately drawn to the photos which included animals. The specific picture which grabbed my eye was the photo in which one of the dogs is on a boogie board. 

Some challenges would definitely revolve around getting the dogs to all congregate together or even try to get them to look at the camera. There really isn't any ways to get dogs to do exactly as you want, especially if you did not train them yourselves. 

A theme I am seeing is the fact that the photographer looks like he wanted these dogs to be depicted as all having fun, there isn't a fun picture in which the dogs don't seem to be enjoying themselves, except for the last picture which shows the funeral celebration. 

Beyond taking the photos, the photographer obviously had to edit the pictures and put them through photoshop. There are some cool pictures involving the movement of lighting too. 

Some techniques I can work on to shoot my photo story are increased amount of angles, spending more time editing and photoshopping, shooting more pictures overall to find the best ones and shooting in various settings to improve diversity. 

Topic 2 


There are some ideas already flowing around in my head about what exactly I should shoot for my final project. I know I want to shoot in Philomath because that is where I spent the majority of my childhood. As for what exactly I can shoot, there is a fairly well known donut shop where most all of the locals go to get their morning fix. 

There is also a lot of people always around the high school, (tight-knit community). I am in Philomath a lot so everyday I am there I can bring my camera and shoot, whether early morning or late afternoon. I need to figure out the best times to go about shooting, like when events start and how long they last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment