Monday, November 7, 2016



Week 6 Blog 

Topic 1 


My hometown:

1) I am going to shoot Corvallis, OR because even though I am from Philomath, I have spent most of my life in Corvallis. I think there are more photo opportunities in Corvallis as well. 

2) For the landmark there are a couple things I could do, such as Reser stadium, the courthouse, wildcat park, the abandoned train, Avery park, and the downtown graffiti art. For the portrait I could shoot my old teacher who works at Timberhill as a work out instructor. For the event I might do a kids soccer game at Adams middle school. 

3) The biggest challenge I think I will have to face will be the portrait, just because I don't like taking pictures of people I don't know. I will have to find someone that will make the shoot meaningful and make the assignment eye-catching. 

Topic 2


1) The first tip I learned in this class that really stood out was the cropping. I started finding out that when I crop photos they really do look 100 times better. You can turn an "okay" photo into a great photo just with some simple cropping techniques.  

2) The second tip I learned was to always take as many as you can. When you are just starting your photo career, you want to take a lot of pictures because most likely a lot them them will be bad, simply due to inexperience. When you take a lot of pictures you are likely to find at least one you like, or at least can use. 

3) I can use these tips to make my photos the best the can possibly be. Without cropping, editing or taking lots of pictures I would really be limiting myself with the turnout of my assignments. With these tips I can make my blog look enticing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment