Friday, September 30, 2016

Week 1 Blog Forum



Topic 1

     My name is James, but most everyone who knows me calls me Jimmy. This is my second year here at Linn Benton, but technically I am a freshman here because I took part in the Running Start program straight out of high school. My goal is to get my bachelor's degree in business marketing after 4-5 years of college. I took this class because I have always enjoyed looking at photography, whether on social media or throughout news outlets. I have some experience shooting high end photos, but not too much with editing. I took this class because I am thinking about getting a minor in some type of photography/journalism. I can't wait to improve and get better!

Topic 2 

     Some of the goals I have are to gain the know-how of presenting your photos and making them look nice on paper. I take good photos, but I am not sure how to go about the presentation of it. Another goal I have is to learn how to know when your are taking the best possible photo. You see amazing pictures everywhere, and I feel like they are in reach of my abilities, I just do not know how to go about the small tweaks to perfecting. The last goal I have to complete by the end of the class is gaining some people I can use as references in the future. Maybe collaborate with some classmates or teachers on some work in the future.

Topic 3

     I heard that LBCC has a chess club. Personally, I do not play a lot of chess, but I feel like you could get some really cool shots of the club. They publish their meeting times, so I think I could drop in and ask them if I could take some photos of them.

     I have some friends on the volleyball team here, and I know they are partway through their season. I think the best time to shoot would be at actual events, like their next home game.

     Rob told us in class about how the school has a center for horses. I have always liked shots of horses and barns, which I think would make a really good setting for photography. I will go ask the person in charge when the best times to shoot are, and find a time to make it happen.


James A. Dewey


No comments:

Post a Comment